Friday, April 8, 2011

little girl, young woman

listening to Fear by One Republic.

Howdy doodle, my dearest sister Nickid!

Firstly I shall congratulate you for coming this far in your life and still keep your perverseness. Happy Birthday to you, dear one.

As your older sister, I can only give you advices based on my experience and knowledge. When I was your age, I had always wished for an older sibling. Isn't it ironic that the eldest sibling always want to be the younger one? In any case, i know I always yearn for advice that can help me when i was still a little girl. I look up to anyone who's older than me literally. While you may be different than me, i believe there are also times when you are in doubt in the search of identity and also when you're facing a setback, be it in school or your relationships. So as your awesome and ever-understanding elder sister, i shall impart some of my maxims which i uphold religiously and has , at some points of my life, made me a better person and a person that i want to become.

1. Be happy with yourself only when you know you have given your best shot. Anything less than your best will haunt you. Literally. :) you know what i mean.

2. Jesus said "Love thy neighbour as thyself". Take this to heart. Treat others how you treat yourself.

3. Guru Chan Zhi Zhi said "PRIORITIZE". When you have one big pile of work to do, make sure you list out which one is the most important and to it first.

4. Shove away temptations. Do not do your maths and english and whatsoever homework with your laptop on and connected to the internet. You know how idle and distracted you are from your work.

5. Treat Mommy and Daddy how you want them to treat you. If you want respect, you have to earn it. If you want freedom, you have to prove that you're worth it.

6. Never argue back at Daddy and Mommy. Try this and see what a major change it can do to your mood and their mood. :) i've tried it and i know the effects.

7. Live everyday like you're dying. Not to mean it literally but you should go to bed every night feeling satisfied with your day. To achieve it would mean you giving your all into making it a day worth living. This may sound really profound and rather adult to you but you should start. :) why don't you experiment one day where you give your best shot in every SINGLE thing you do and see how elated you will feel at the end of the day. :) You will feel the euphoria and bliss fusing your mind and body with warmness. Trust me, i won't lie to you about this.

8. Last but not least, love yourself. There's no way of loving others if you do not love yourself first. :) J.K Rowling said that everyone will experience failures in their lives. What matters most is not how badly you fall but how you react to it and how you bring yourself to overcome it. In the midst of disappointments, remember that you have a family consisting ME, SAM, Mommy and Daddy and all your cousins, aunts, uncles and your big group of buddies, that loves you dearly. If you do not love yourself, you're inflicting pain onto us. So never give up and break down, discouraging yourself and hating yourself. I completely forbid you. :) Just remember what ever you do, just know we love you, for who you are and what a gem you are that owns a place deep in our hearts.


After such a long-winded nagging, I guess i can give you merit if you can read till this far. :) Be a good girl. I love you.

Once again,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY NOBODY-CAN-EVER-REPLACE-HER-OR-COME-UP-AGAINST-HER-LEVEL-OF-AWESOMENESS SISTER.

May you have a blessed birthday.

I love you, past, present and future, forever.

Good night dear.

P.s You'll get a handmade card from me when you come!

P.s.s I thank God for giving me a sister that has never fail to love me, even when i have sinned against her and You, dear Lord. I am forever in your gratitude and grace. I would also express my greatest appreciation for Yong Xin's achievement in clinching his dream job. This is all attained by your grace and I am sure he can feel Your love. Please guide him in the plan that You have laid for him and dispel the darkness surounding him. I love you, O Sovereign God. And I pray in Your most precious son's name, Jesus, Amen!