Tuesday, April 12, 2011

when the sun sets

listening to I'm Yours by The Script

Today I learnt that postponing things that should be done is really detrimental to your ,say success? In any case, today is the first day i tasted the bitterness of failure. I failed myself because i took time for granted.

The History Common Test was supposed to take place at the last block of my lessons today. However, on Sunday, my class rep asked us if we would like to skip our last lesson to support our classmate's rugby match. Hence, I did not touch my history notes at all, thinking that my test will be postponed. And of course, things always turn out differently and our class rep told us this morning that she could not attain the blue slips for dismissal from class.

I knew immediately i was in hot waters. So what can i do but to read through the stack of notes that suddenly seemed so thick. Plowing through the book, a tinge of regret and desperation still managed to hit home despite me suppressing all emotion.

Well, what good result can come off such an unprepared venture? None. I have learnt my lessons. The next History test shall be owned. I promise.

I thank God for letting me fall and through this, i understand the importance of preparing beforehand for uncertainty. It is in His Grace that i can see past my mistakes and forgive myself and rev up my motivation to do better in my upcoming History Test. Dear Lord, I can't thank you enough. Amen.

Time to study for the next test! General Paper! :)


P.s I miss you dear sister! <3